General Election Results
Before you vote, check our Voter Guide
Senate Candidate Frank Antenori's War on Wildlife
The Humane Society Legislative Fund has endorsed Richard Carmona for the AZ US Senate race. In the HSLF questionnaire Dr. Carmona indicated his strong support for animal protection. His opponent, Jeff Flake, has opposed nearly every animal welfare reform in Congress. For more information click here.
Congratulations to Congressional Candidate Kyrsten Sinema, who has been endorsed by the Humane Society Legislative Fund. As a former state legislator, she worked tirelessly on behalf of animal protection and citizens' voting rights. For more information click here
Congratulations to HVA-recommended candidates who won their primary election races! Check election results here.
About Humane Voters of Arizona
Humane Voters of Arizona (HVA) is an all volunteer, non-partisan organization that supports candidates who care about animals and animal protection. Electing those candidates is the most crucial step in enacting animal protection laws.
Because of their charitable status with the IRS, other animal protection groups are prohibited from endorsing candidates. HVA is the only statewide animal protection organization permitted to participate in candidate campaigns. Humane Voters of Arizona participates in:
- Encouraging animal protection advocates to vote: 'Be a Voice for Arizona's Animals' is a statewide voter registration campaign aimed at animal protection groups througout the state. The project encourages animal supporters to register and vote.
- Endorsement of animal protection candidates based on legislative report cards on incumbents questionnaire responses from candidates which are posted on this site.
- Fundraising: HVA has changed its status from an exempt to non-exempt political committee. That means HVA can now raise money, and donate to animal friendly candidates and independent expenditure campaigns.
- Grassroots candidate support: Arizona has a strong base of passionate, committed and talented volunteers who have shown their political acumen and commitment by consistently winning animal protection battles for citizens' initiatives. Circulating petitions and working at polls on election day translate to important support for HVA endorsed candidates. Our new grassroots program is underway. Please contact us if you'd like to volunteer.
- Training: HVA helps train the animal protection community and volunteers on how to participate in political campaigns and recruit animal friendly candidates.